Stock investors have a lot to be thankful for. Despite the unprecedented challenge of COVID-19, the global stock market is having an incredible year.
- The NASDAQ 100 (QQQ) is up 37% this year.
- The S&P 500 (SPY) is up 12%.
- Vanguard Global Stock Market (VT) is up 10%
- Emerging Markets (EEM) are up 10%.
Looking forward I am expecting more gains as we move into the last month of the year..
- The US election is over and stocks are relieved.
- COVID is a problem – but stocks can grind through a few tough months this winter and then the light is at the end of the tunnel with vaccines rolling out and summer.
- Congress will most likely pass more stimulus – this year or early next year.
- Stocks entering historically best six months of year.
- December usually a good month for stocks with “Santa Claus Rally.’
That’s it for now. I’ll be back next week with another update.
Have a great Thanksgiving!